Optical glass is the best medium through which we can observe the world and guarantees:
- the best long-lasting vision;
- high resistance to scratches and mechanical stress;
- lowest environmental impact, as it is 100% recyclable;
Barberini Eyewear’s collection was designed starting from the quality of the glass and using only
the most innovative and performing material: Platinum Glass™. Barberini Platinum Glass™ is a premium optical glass whose name was inspired by the production process. The oxides mixed is melted in special furnaces and refined through a column of pure platinum, so as to obtain a glass lens free of any impuritiy.
During the fusion some minerals, called Rare Earth Elements are also added, to enhance the visual contrast, operating as a chromatic equalizer.
Platinum Glass™ lenses can guarantee:
- the best perception of colours and contrasts thanks to the presence of some minerals, called rare earth elements, which can only be added to glass;
- maximum UV protection, up to 400 nm (UV400), well above standards;
- maximum protection against reflected light obtained by multi-layer anti-glare and polarized lenses;
- oleophobic and hydrophobic treatments which aids in preventing and cleaning fingerprint marks;
They can also grant:
- protection against infrared rays (radiation which brings heat and can cause ocular dryness and premature aging of the eye and the surrounding skin);
- protection against polarized light;
- adaptation to variations in light intensity (photochromism);